Lavender, or Lavendula officianalis
Most of us know this commonly used plant from the plethora of wellness products that utilize its properties. Lotions, essential oils, and other agents include lavender for the calm and relaxing state provided to the mind and body. If the color purple had a smell this would be it. It’s fresh and flowery without overpowering our senses. Choosing to put lavender into our formulas goes without saying. Sometimes the thing you are looking for is right under your nose. Straight out of the garden, its soothing properties do exactly the thing we strive for - taking gentle care of you from the inside out. Lavender seems soft, but when it comes into combination with some of our earthier herbal adaptogens, the synergy amplifies its effects. “Serenity now!” she says. Read on for the continued benefits.
Evidence based relief and benefits from this superherb:
- Improved state of relaxation within the mind and body
- May provide more restful sleep patterns
- Possible hormone balancing through chronic stress reduction
- Lavender flower extract is naturally antibacterial and antifungal, which may prove to be beneficial for the skin
- Contains compounds that have natural pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties
- The antioxidants provided by the Lavender flower may help boost the immune system
The beautifully scented lavender flower has several health benefits that can help to improve overall well-being. It promotes the relaxation we all strive for, and works to relieve pain and boost the immune system so that you can feel like you. As always, our trusty resources are provided if you feel inspired to dive deeper into this special ingredient.