Rhodiola Root, Rhodiola rosea
This plant grows in frigid environments such as the Northern Tundra and the Arctic. Because of this, we like to think of her as a fierce fighter. Through the ups and downs of harsh conditions in her natural world - she does not break. Growth pushes through despite external forces. The knowledge she has acquired living in stressful conditions is what she passes on to us and why we chose to put her in our THRIVE formula. A unique aspect of rhodiola compared to other adaptogens (herbs that help the body manage stressors) is the ability to lift mood and energy while also helping to manage the other physical impacts of stress. When stress and fatigue become unbearable, the resilient rhodiola can be called upon to help alleviate some of the load. While we want everyone to get this kind of lift, we consider her an exceptional resource and carefully consider whether this remarkable herb suits each stress profile. Respect for rhodiola is our motto over here.
Evidence-based relief and benefits from this superherb:
- Supportive while experiencing stress, anxiety, and mood fluctuation
- A natural support for uterine health, menstruation, cramping, and bleeding
- Adrenal hormone hero - when stress arrives, she helps minimize the downstream effects that take hormones out of balance
- Well-being warrior - always advocating for you to rise to a challenge, rhodiola is unique to lifting your energy when you feel down.
- Adaptogen - she absorbs the impact of stress, so you don’t have to.
We don’t like to make any claims to fame, but we do love our evidence-based resources. Here is a list of sources we lean on to back up the power of rhodiola.