Valerian Root, or Valeriana Officinalis
Wandering into the cheese aisle of the grocery store or visiting a fascinating European cheese market sometimes smells less beautiful than the products taste. Some of the most excellent cheeses need to be triple-wrapped and placed into the fridge so the neighbors don’t think you are harboring stinky shoes throughout your living space.
Valerian root has a similar reputation with its wafting scent. The root contains valerenic acid, which contributes to most of its powerful effects but also has a strong odor. The resources our bodies need are not always shiny and sweet. So much good can rise from the muck.
Growing up to six feet tall, the root encapsulates an oil known and utilized for its healing properties. Such properties are listed below, but one thing we want to note here is the fact that valerian is considered a herb that increases or enhances gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), one of the other ingredients in our REST formula. This is a reminder to you that the intention behind all of our products runs so, so deep. We choose the herbs, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to complement one another so that they have the highest impact and positive results within you. Continue reading for the other wonderful benefits of Valerian root.
Evidence-based relief and benefits from this superherb:
- Promotor of sleep and relaxation - which is hard to find in this “go, go, go” world that we live in
- Valerian root extract has been shown to have anxiolytic properties, which means it may help to reduce anxiety and stress levels
- May help to shorten the natural wind-down time of the day and help to keep you asleep longer. This can lead to a more restful and rejuvenating sleep, which can leave you feeling refreshed and energized in the morning
- Unlike prescription sleep medications, valerian root extract is non-addictive - positively impacting your health without taking away from it
- Valerian root extract is effective in helping with some of the symptoms associated with menopause, such as hot flashes and night sweats
Valerian root extract is a well-known, well-researched, and effective gift from nature that can be used to promote sleep and relaxation and manage anxiety and stress felt by women; hallelujah! To learn more about sweet, stinky Valerian root (we use the plant extract, which keeps it scentless in our capsule!) - resources are below!